Hey everyone! We thought it would be cool to have a Christmas Quarter Auction...online. This will be slightly different than a live quarter auction that you may have participated in. However, if you're not sure what a quarter auction is or how they work, in general, here's a video that I found that sort of explains what one is and how they usually work.
Kind of cool, huh? Well, in this auction, we will be displaying five items for auction and other items that will be cash and carry. I'm going to take a moment to explain how this will work, since it's an online auction that will take place on our Facebook page and it will differ a bit from the traditional way of doing things.
1. We will post all of our auction pieces on Thursday, 12/10 starting at 1:00 p.m. This will give you an opportunity to see if you want to participate in the auction. If you want to take part, you'll need to follow the next step.
2. Each person who wishes to participate in this Christmas quarter auction must pay a $.25 (a quarter) participation fee, here, no later than 8 pm on Friday. With your $.25 participation fee, your payment email address will be entered into a raffle. We encourage you to tag at least five friends so that they'll also have a chance to participate. We have a minimum participant requirement of 100 participants for this auction.
3. On Friday morning at 10 a.m., we will update the auction posts to reflect the starting bids for each item. Bids will start a $.25 and will be as much as $.50 per listing. You may begin bidding on Friday by using the auction payment link listed in the post on our page that you will be bidding on and by also posting your amount in the comment section of the post you're bidding on. You must add the comment. For example: Pay your $.25 cents using the pay link in the post. Then, comment $.25 (or $.50 if the bid starts at $.50) under the corresponding post.
Please use the links in the post to make your bid. You may bid on more than one item at a time as long as you note under each post the amount that you bid. The winner of each auctioned item will also be required to pay shipping, and yes, shipping can be combined.
4. Saturday at 10 a.m. will be the official start time to begin bidding on all auctions. Cash and carry items will be posted throughout Friday and Saturday, and can be purchased at any time on a first come basis. To purchase a cash and carry item, simply purchase from the link in the Facebook post.
5. Only participants who have paid their $.25 entry fee will be entered into the drawing for the posted auctioned items. The email address that you use to pay for the entry fee will be used for the raffle (name drawing) of items.
6. On Sunday, the winners of all auctioned items will be announced. If the winner does not claim their item and pay their shipping by Sunday at 5 pm, another randomly selected participant will be pulled and the winner will forfeit his/her win to the new winner. We will continue to pick until we have a winner to claim their prize.
We will also have a giveaway during this quarter auction. Anyone who has paid a $.25 entry fee will be entered to win the giveaway.
Please note that we need 100 participants to fulfill our minimum requirement. Should this minimum not be met, we will announce this on Friday evening and refund all entry payments. However, unless the auction is cancelled, there will be no refunds on entry fees or bid amounts.
You must be 18 or older to participate. If you have any questions, please comment below. Hope to see you there!